Monday, June 23, 2014

Sick as a Dog

The past few days have been rough. Basically, I’m tossing up ALL my cookies and Mishana is coughing up her lungs … we are quite the pair! I think our adrenaline of being in Africa has run out and exhaustion has caught up with us.

Regardless, this blog is going to be pretty short for two reasons: 1) nothing different has happened and 2) I don’t feel good at all.

I would take a picture of the blue bucket that became my best friend all night long, but I decided to spare you all those details. Throwing up is never very fun, especially when your mommy is halfway across the world. Mishana is so sweet though! She was asking what she could do to help and I was like my mommy always gives me salty crackers and Sprite when I am sick … so she walked into town this morning while I was asleep to get me some. And it is the first thing that I have eaten in almost 24 hours and so far I have been able to keep it down, so please cross your fingers with me!

Other than Mishana’s cough and exhaustion, she is doing great. The prayers regarding her fear are most definitely helping! The power of prayer amazes me! But continue to pray for her in this area. She also is about to get to invest in a new set of catering students in the kitchen this week. Please pray that she will love these girls just as much as the first set of girls. It is really cool to see the difference she is making in the kitchen! Mishana is going to be missed when we leave in one week!

I’m sorry that this is so short, but I really need to go lay back down.

Current Prayer Requests:
-Speedy recovery for both of us.
-Travelers from the US are coming in this week. Pray for safety and an easy adjustment to the time change.

-Only one week left to serve. Please pray for energy and positive attitudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment